Suzanne Michels and Jim Nix have identified all the ways you can register to vote and some important information about registering/voting this year:
• Now through 5/30 at your Registrar’s Office, or online, or at a registration drive
• When you early vote at your Registrar’s Office, 5/31-6/17 (same-day registration)
• On Election Day 6/20 at your local precinct (when you use same-day registration at your precinct, you vote with a provisional ballot which will be counted unless there’s some other problem).
And as for actually voting:
• Early voting for the Primary is done 5/5-6/17 at the Registrars’ Office (Monday-Fridays, and there will be some Saturday times announced too).
• On (Primary) Election Day, 6/20, go to your local precinct polling place any time from 6am-7pm.
• City Council approved some changes to precinct boundaries and changed a few polling places. Once these changes take effect on April 7, the Registrar will start sending letters to the 40% of Charlottesville voters who will have new voting locations starting with the June 20 primary.
• Whenever you cast your ballot, bring an ID that meets Virginia’s criteria (see lists in English, Spanish, Korean, and Vietnamese)!
• For more information, call the City of Charlottesville Registrar at 434-970-3250 (unless you’re one of our Albemarle friends, in which case call the County Registrar at 434-972-4173).
NOTE: Our mighty and always-active Voter Registration Team welcomes new members. It’s fun to be out talking to people in the spring, and there are few things more satisfying than signing up a new voter! If you might be interested, email Suzanne: email@example.com