1. Ashley Cinalli-Mathews from Central Virginia Community Justice gave us an overview of the renamed and expanding restorative justice organization and invited us to attend its free introductory party on April 25 (6:00-7:30pm at Visible Records, 1740 Broadway Street).
2. Plans continue to advance for our June 2 annual fundraiser (see below for more details). In the near future, we’ll need some volunteers to go through our phone list to recruit sponsors for the event. Please contact Nancy Damon (email@example.com) if you might be able to help.
3. Here’s our game plan for holding forums for primary candidates, with additional event details to be announced as soon as they’re set (details of the first event were not known as of the meeting date, we’ve filled those in):
- House of Delegates — We’ll have one forum at the Jefferson School African American Heritage Center on 4/26, 7:00-8:30pm, for all the primary candidates for both our District 54 (Charlottesville and parts of Albemarle) and also our neighboring District 55 (which includes the rest of Albemarle). This is co-sponsored by the Albemarle Dems.
- City Council — Now that we need to hold a primary (currently 4 candidates for 3 seats) we’ll arrange a forum.
- State Senate — We’ll will try to set up something with the candidates as soon as possible after candidate registrations for the primary end on April 6. The Senior Statesman club is arranging a forum close to the June primary date, but we want to give our members an earlier look.
4. We discussed whether to hold an informational forum about the City’s Draft Zoning Plan (see below for much more on this!).