- President: Kara Kline (email@example.com)
- VP: Trent Fisher
- Treasurer: Dashad Cooper
- Secretary: Hailey Yowell
- Outreach Director: Amanda Snead
- Communications Director: Samantha Litchford
The full text of the approved resolutions are given on page 3 of our Earth Day flyer, but in short:
- We fully support the retirement of fossil-fuel electricity-generating facilities, the increased energy efficiency and renewable energy requirements, and the goal of a fully decarbonized power grid in Virginia by 2050 in 2020’s bipartisan Virginia Clean Economy Act (VCEA)
- We call on Governor Youngkin to protect and continue Virginia’s participation in the Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI, “Reggie”) and to reinstate the permitting authority recently removed from various state oversight boards.
- We call on the General Assembly to pass legislation prohibiting public utility companies from making political contributions to candidates and incumbents in various state offices.
- We call on the State Corporation Commission (SCC) to reject the February 2022 recommendation for a minimum bill of $55/month for participation in the upcoming Dominion Power Community Solar Program.
- We urge Gov. Youngkin to rescind his Executive Order 17 in order to reinstate Gov. Northam’s Executive Order 77 which required executive-branch state agencies to give up single-use plastics by the end of 2025.
- We urge the Charlottesville City Council to adopt a meaningful Climate Action Plan and to enact, this year, a zoning code that addresses a wide range of changes that will decrease the carbon footprint of both existing and future city residents.
- We support the Community Climate Collaborative’s (3C) Accessible, Clean Transportation (ACT) initiative that seeks robust, efficient and equitable public transit.
- We support theDivestUVA campaign, which calls on the UVA Endowment Fund to reallocate the millions of dollars invested in the fossil-fuel industries.